Friday, October 12, 2012

Keeping Preoccupied

Last week Maddie had some pretty awful stomach issues.  She missed most of the week of school and by Friday - other than her stomach - I think she was bored out of her mind and had slept enough to catch up on the next three years.

Enter: Craft Friday.

I found this website that morning and KNEW this would be something that could keep her immobile enough and busy enough to not go completely numb in the brain.


I went to Joanne's and bought four fat quarters of the different colors and styrofoam balls.  Can I just say I thought balls made of air would be far cheaper than they were.


For the next couple hours she and I worked together.  I ripped strips of fabric and she hot glued them onto the stryofoam.  Then she cut out little faces for these balls and we realized that left-handed scissors are pretty handy to have.  Too bad we didn't have any.

[Housekeeping note: please ignore the dust.  We ran out of swiffers that week and I was too lazy to pull out the Pledge.)

We ended up with:

Frankie:


Jack:


Bandit:


and KATniss:


Maddie and Mike's favorite is the mummy.  Jake and I are partial to Frankie.


Maddie and I were super excited over them and still get giggly over how much we love them when we enter the room.  Despite feeling crappy...it was a fun afternoon and some good girl time for us!

2 comments:

Sue H said...

Stinkin' cute! (I have a pair of lefty scissors for you; I'll give to your mom tomorrow.)

Jonda said...

Very cute! I wouldn't have noticed the dust without your comment...

Hope she is feeling better!