Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Style Intervention

He's back, ladies and gentlemen.


This is what my son left the house looking like this morning.  Paired with these shoes.  Help.

And that wasn't even the end.  I was folding laundry this morning and pulled a gray and orange hooded sweatshirt (the zipper kind) out and his eyes lit up.  I wanted to yell, "STEP AWAY FROM THE CLOTHES!"

I didn't.  I rationally listed off five reasons as to why he shouldn't wear this.  It didn't really work until I practically begged him to not wear it simply due to the fact that...

I knew he'd take it off five-minutes into school...
I had JUST finished all the laundry for the week...
The thought of having to wash something that I knew he'd worn for five minutes made me want to cry...

It worked.  The sweatshirt will be saved for another day.  He'll probably wear it with the lumberjack shirt.

I'm. Not. Kidding.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Well he did tell me not too long ago that his favorite color now was red but that he really still liked orange. I think it's great!