Friday, March 6, 2009

Loving Technology

It's no secret that I'm beyond-cold 90% of the time. We have a fireplace in our room, and we had started turning it on around 10pm each night to warm up our room. That was if we remembered. Which maybe happened 10% of the time.


So, Mike did some research and bought us a wireless thermostat. He had been thinking he was going to install it in the basement to help keep the temperature there more regulated. But, he decided to test it out in our room first.

This thing rocks!!! We can set it to turn on/off at a certain time. Or we can set it to to turn on/off for certain temps. We may even be able to mix the two settings, but don't quote me on that. Right now it turns on at 10:30pm and turns off at midnight or when it reaches a certain temp in the room, and then turns on again at 6am and off at 7:30am; about the same time I wake up.

Some will argue that it's way too warm to sleep in there - Mike may be on of those people. And, I agree with others that it is fun to sleep in the spring or fall with the windows cracked and letting in some chilly, fresh air. The problem isn't all over cold, but that once my feet get cold, I can't sleep at all, and it takes forever to heat them up again. This fixes that problem and I no longer have to sleep with two pair of socks on! It also helps Mike in that he doesn't feel like jumping out of bed in the middle of the night when my freezing feet hit his legs...and that's WITH my two pair of socks on!

Now we just have to figure out where to install it. Right now it's sitting here....

It's sitting on our nightstand. Where all thermostats should be.

We didn't want to put any holes in the wall until we knew it worked like we wanted it to.

I also wonder, with all the wireless gizmos we have in the house...it would almost be interesting to find a way to see how all these little waves are zooming around. Do you think you could dodge them all?

No comments: