Last week when it was 84 degrees outside I thought it would be the perfect time to make our front door wreath more fall-like. We closed the pool last weekend so I couldn't go swimming...
I went to Michael's and bought one of their fall bunches that was on sale for 50% off.
It had pumpkins and berries and normally I just don't like these kinds of things. But I was trying to keep an open mind.
When I got home I realized I didn't have any ribbon that was wide enough to look balanced on this wreath. So, I took four different ribbons I had, plus some twine from the garage and wrapped it around the wreath.
I simply cut the leaves/pumpkins/berries stems off the bunch and left as much wire attached to each grouping as possible. I poked the wire through the wreath (which was surprisingly difficult...I kept running into knots!) and bent the wire up and back into the wreath to hold everything in place. Nothing had to be glued and everything can be removed and reused.
Now the boxelder bugs have a cozy place to live for the next month.