Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Snow" Happy to Meet You

This past weekend we got some snow.  Some = multiple inches.  Mike was not a happy camper on Saturday morning when we woke up.  When I said, "You have to admit...it's kinda pretty coming down," he responded with a grumble and some words that would not be appropriate for this family friendly site.

But, the kids loved it and they were out a lot of the weekend.  Right after I got back from the 9am trip to Target where I bought eight pairs of snowpants and three pairs of boots to make sure I was absolutely covered in something that would work. 

Maddie, our artist, went to work on Sunday and created our greeters for anyone who visits our humble abode...

Meet "Bingle"...

...and his companion, "Jingle"...


I wish I could make this big enough and shadowed in such a way that you could easily see the "circle birthmarks" around each eye, the tongue wagging out and all four legs...plus the tail sticking out the back.

I'm not sure how long they'll be sticking around, but they make me smile everytime I leave or return.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love the dog, that is very artistic, very good sculpture Maddie!

missy said...

Wow Way Cool Pictures of snow. See you guys soon.