Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Saturday Special


Maddie has been asking for awhile to make dinner on any given Saturday.  However, she usually requests this on Friday night.  Now, I'm not the type to grocery shop every day and I'm not the type to buy more than we need for the week.  Needless to say, the first time she stated that she wanted to make Shrimp Alfredo, I was not prepared.  I was finally prepared this past weekend.

She was in a baking mood that afternoon so we made "Eggnog Bread" which I had found on the internet.  I figured everyone would LOVE this because they all like eggnog so much.


Learning what sifting is all about using the Poor Man's Sifter...


The recipe was okay.  No one was overly impressed - except about the crust.  That was delicious!

Back to the alfredo.  I thought we were going to have to look up an alfredo recipe.  Mike suggested she use a jar of alfredo sauce.  Probably not as authentic, but she was more concerned about getting the shrimp in there.  Our 10 year old loves shrimp.

We had a little trouble thawing the shrimp so she helped it along.


Throwing in the pasta.  We were trying to explain how you have to time your meal when cooking so everything gets done at the same time.  In trying to be fast (and fit too much pasta in too small a pot) we had fettucini flying everywhere. 


At this point she looked at me and said, "I feel like an octopus."


Dinner was delicious.  It was followed by us making sundaes.  She always has this for dessert because it gets a can of whipped cream in the house; a future staple in Maddie's pantry.

No comments: