Friday, January 29, 2010

Painting and Pondering

I spent yesterday sanding then painting.  Then sanding and painting again.  Mike did the same after I left for church.

This left me with a lot of time to think.  Here's a few random thoughts from the past few days:

1.  Construction people must have the best night's sleep.  I mean, I'm hardly constructing anything, but I've been up and down ladders for two days and bending and lifting different things.  I about took a nap at lunch yesterday.  People that do this much work (times 10) must seriously sleep like a rock.

2.  I really don't have the greatest collection of music on my iPod.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy what I've got, but someone taking a look-see through my list might wonder what age I'm living in.  Wednesday Celine Dion, Bette Midler and I did several duets.  But where else will I get to sing with Dion and Pavarotti under one roof?  (Especially now that he's dead...)  Thursday it was Billy Joel (with the newest album being from around 1996) and Elton John (an album from roughly the same time frame).  I think the most current album I heard in two days was Brad Paisley from around 2007.

3.  I have got entirely too much earwax.  Seriously...it's the only thing holding in my crappy earpieces.

4.  I really don't mind painting.  I know a lot of people (hi, Tracy!) don't like to paint.  I really don't mind it.  However, I'm not the greatest with a roller.  I'm just not good at getting the right amount of paint on there.  I do like to cut in on painting though.

5.  There's something kind of satisfying about sanding.  Taking away the rough of everything.  Don't think I didn't get a little philosophical on this thought.

6.  Mike married me for comic relief.  He might have walked in on some of those Dion/Pavarotti/Murphy trios.  He doesn't know it, but American Idol called, I turned them down to stay home for him and the kids.

That looks sad.  I'm sure I had more than six thoughts in two days.  But those were the highlights.

Today I finish (hopefully!) painting the cabinet doors.  I'm thinking "The Sound of Music" and possibly "Beauty and the Beast" (stage version).  Mix in a little Harry Connick, Jr. and it'll be the concert of the year in this house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Show us the pictures of all your hard work!