Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Traffic

I'm a pondering kind of person.  I have a gazillion random thoughts running through my head at any given moment.  I usually start sharing them with Mike about the same time he's trying to fall asleep at night.  He's especially grateful for that.

One afternoon I was wondering about the traffic on this little blog that I think all of 10 households regularly read.  I have a stat counter thing that shows me that occasionally someone from Peru, Brazil, France, Abu Dhabi, Ireland, Poland, and different parts of the U.S. drop by.  Then I started looking around that site and found a spot that tells me what are some of the "big draws" I've had that have enticed these friendly foreigners to at least click on my blog, if not actually take 5 seconds to read a sentence or two.

Fourth place would go to "Donated Hair" or "Locks of Love".  It was the post I did when I was finally able to cut 10 inches off my hair and donate it to Locks of Love.  It's a very popular organization and I'm very glad I did it. 

I think the third place draw is "Yo-Ho Blow the Man Down".  It was just a title from a windy day we had here.  It's got an uber-attractive picture of me that still makes my kids chuckle.  Apparently though there are a lot of Pirate-Song loving people out there.

Second place - though it held first place for a long while - goes to "Wrestlemania".  This was the post I did when Mike and Jake started goofing around and Maddie jumped in to join them.  It's a regular occurence in our household.  I could probably post a monthly update on this and get boatloads of traffic.

First place has only recently taken over the top spot.  It also seems to be favored by people living in Texas.  "Peg Bundy" which had to do with the lovely animal prints I found at Target.  Apparently Peg's picture is very popular.  I must admit though, it was very hard to find a decent picture of her so I can understand the frustration with the web-search these people are conducting.

Now, because I've just relisted all these popular words and titles again, I'm expecting oodles of people to drop by.  But I thought I'd try to increase those numbers by adding something that I think will attract some new folks:

Nascar - of which I am not a fan. 


It's not the fast part - I'd love to take my car out on some local favorite roads and drive really fast.  I'd probably do it too if I didn't have an aversion to traffic tickets.  And jail.  However, the whole In-A-Circle-400-Times thing screams boring.  And it's loud.

But in searching Nascar I came across this image.  And please note, I've heard Nascar fans can be quite dedicated so this did not take me long to find; I think it was on the first page I searched.  There's just too many things wrong with this to point out.  I'm sure you can come up with a list on your own.


And because I have to go throw up now, I'm going to leave you with that image.