Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Us in 40+ Years

Every so often I beg Mike to let me start teaching him how to play the piano.  My biggest "pro-argument" is that we'll be able to play fun duets together when we are old and gray.  It will be something we can share when we hit high into retirement age.  He hasn't gone for it yet.  In fact, he either flat out ignores me or rolls his eyes.  But I'm not giving up.

A couple nights ago Mike and I were watching the news and we saw this, which apparently is quite popular on YouTube...



I jumped at the opening and said, "See!!!  That could be us in 40-50 years!  Please let me teach you how to play the piano.  You, Jake and Maddie could rotate your practice times!"  (Not that the last sentence is a big selling point, but I would get a kick out of having to remind Mike to practice piano.)

He just looked at me and said, "Okay.  When I turn 80 you can teach me how to play the piano."

Don't think I won't hold him to it.  I'm thinking of going this week to buy the book he'll learn out of, just in case they don't print it in 40 years.

And I'm not going to stop bugging him about it either.  My goal is to get that date moved up at least 30 years.

No comments: