Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Meeting our Newest Family Member

Tracy had a chance to post some pictures so I feel like I can now too! Yahoo!

Saturday, amid our craziest schedule ever, my mom called to say that Tracy had her baby - it was a girl! Riley Beatrice Runchey was born around 3:30pm and weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 20 inches long. We weren't able to head over there on Saturday, though Maddie and Jake did along with Grandma and Grandpa, Austin & Ellie. Tracy said that they hadn't really had Riley's name picked out until about a week ago (at least the Riley part)! Beatrice was my grandma's name (mom's mom).

I knew that the scavenger hunt on Sunday would take us to meet Riley too, so I was excited to be nearing the end of the hunt because I got to meet my new niece! She's super cute and even has a little bit of fuzz for hair...a rarity in these parts!



Okay - now I've discovered that my pictures didn't all transfer very well, so this is the only shot I have of the five that I took. Frustrating. But, at least Riley looks great! So congrats to the Runchey family! We can't wait to watch her grow!

No comments: