Friday, August 29, 2008

Little Hurricanes

I sometimes wonder why I feel the need to try and keep our house picked up. I think I've made it clear that I don't put cleaning at the top of my "to do" list most days. But, I still make a general effort to pick up miscellaneous toys that have been left scattered to the four corners of our home.

Lately the kids have found the decorator pillows on the couches. This generally means we have more pillow fights than we have in the past, but this can also be a source of hilarity, so we've played along.

Well, being kids, they've taken it one step further to see just how much we'll let them get away with. After being in the front yard earlier this week, this is what I came into the house to find....

Destruction, pure and simple. I took no responsibility to rectify this other than to inform them that, indeed, they had reached the limit - and get to work cleaning. An after picture would be pointless - 10 minutes after it was "cleaned" Jake had friends over and it was destroyed yet again.
Reason #586 why I'm starting to look forward to school starting - our family room may just stay picked up for six hours straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth us mom's clean and 5-10 minutes it's all messed up again.